Wednesday 24 March 2010

daffodils.... spring has finally sprung


I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a croud,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.
William Wordsworth 1804




The sign of spring has finally arrived, with Easter hot on its heels, you only have to look outside for inspiration this year. Nature awakens in Spring, with daffodils, tulips & snow drops peaking out beneath the crisp dewy grass.

Every year I am inspired by a huge cherry blossom tree that grows in my mothers garden, its simply majestic. The mass of pink looks so romatic and warming and then falls like natures confetti covering the surrounding area in a bed of subtle pink petals. This is the time you can find me outside, desperatly taking cuttings and trying to re-create this little bit of natural art into my home. (it never last long though and seem to spend most of my time collecting petals off the floor!)

This season we have tried to incorporate this freshness into some of our new products with the introduction of artificial sprigs and branches that look so realistic even gardeners approve! I have asked a few!

So take a look and maybe add a few, we have popped them in a country earthenware jug, mixed into twig lights to refresh...... so versatile they can go in any room x

No comments:

Post a Comment